If you are under 25 we can offer the best insurance quotes which are affordable and offer the best coverage on the market. Have you have found insurance companies which have refused to quote for young drivers? We however have great rates for 18 years old and above.
Motor Insurance for Under 25s in Spain
When looking at insuring a young driver it can be a scary prospect. Insurance companies in general like to insure low risk individuals and the very fact that young drivers have little experience of driving and importantly are not aware of a defensive manner of driving, means that they are classified as higher risk.
However, do not despair, as there are insurers who indeed do accept young drivers as a risk and provide competitive quotes.
The first point of call for any young driver, whether they have just passed their test or have a few years experience driving is to go to the “parents”. Now this practice in the insurance industry is called “fronting”. This is the practice of telling an insurance company that the parent is the principal driver of a vehicle when in fact the vehicle is predominantly driven by the young driver. According to the insurance rules this is not allowed. However, depending on the use of the vehicle by each driver and who the vehicle is registered to, this in some cases may allow you to state the parent is the policy holder and the young driver is a regular driver.
Two key points as to why premiums are high for your drivers are outlined below:
- One in four 18-24 year olds (23%) crash within two years of passing their driving test.
- Drivers aged 16-19 are more than twice as likely to die in a road crash, than drivers aged 40-49.
Driving your car safely is of paramount importance in regards to young drivers building their no claims bonus and continually reducing the insurance premium year on year.
Before you purchase a vehicle as a young driver there are important points which need to be considered.
– High spec vehicles which either have a large engine size/capacity or have a high purchase value will affect the premium
– The benefit of buying a low value second hand vehicle will mean you will have the option to insure the vehicle 3rd party with breakdown. This option is much more affordable than insuring the vehicle Fully Comprehensive.
– If the vehicle is new you will most likely prefer fully comprehensive cover, but by adding a high excess such as 400 to 600 euros per own fault claim, will reduce the premium significantly.
– It is very important to use a Broker. The main reasons are that they have a relationship with the insurers and so can get the best rates. Also, by going with a Broker you can look to add a bonus protection to the policy, thereby if an accident occurs your premium will not increase the following year at renewal.